Monday, September 1, 2014

And I'm off

So this is the plan:



Four continents: Africa, Asia, South America, and Antarctica (which isn't on the map because I'm not flying there so putting it in felt like cheating).  Three months: Now (September 1) through December 5.  It's a pretty epic trip, but I'm not feeling very epic -- I woke up this morning with a tickle in my throat, and am desperately hoping it is not a Harbinger of Horrible Happenings.  Through the worry and the slight fog, I think I'm excited, but I can't quite tell.  I expect that'll kick in more once I'm actually in the air or after I land somewhere else.  I am very proud that I managed to pack right around my 38 lb limit.


These sorts of travelogs tend to start with statements of purpose.  I don't have any grandiose designs or expectations.  My goals are simple: (1) Don't die, (2) Don't get hurt, (3) Don't get sick, (4) Don't lose anything important, (5) Don't lose any friends (one specific instantiation of #4), and (6) Have fun.  Not a great start on #3, but if this is as bad as it gets, I'll count that one done.


Next stop: Dubai


PS: If you want postcards, email me.  Presumably if you're reading this you know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment